Things you didn't know about honey and 13 Benefit of Honey
1. Honey helps to combat artery hardening, which is a leading cause of death worldwide.
2. It soothes sore throats.
3. It is prohibited to infants under a year old.
4. It has good anti-oxidants.
5. The appropriate daily consumption is 10- 12 grams of honey.
6. Avoid excessive consumption, it could lead to weight gain, inflammation, or any disease related to high sugar intake.
7. It has anti-bacterial properties.
8. It has anti-fungal properties.
9. It aids the healing of wounds and burns.
10. Honey helps to fight metabolic syndrome.
11. Honey may help support a healthy gut.
12. Honey helps treat upper respiratory tract infection, also known as URI. Examples of URI include; common cold, pharyngitis, cough, epiglottis, mild flu, lung infections, etc. Honey improved cough frequency and its severity.
13. Honey is a natural sweetener, and as such can be used to replace sugar. Honey can be used in tea, waffles, pancakes, etc.