The physical presence of a human resource is an essential basis of works, coordinated alongside all other resources, most systems that are purely human-driven may be starved of the required input due to the switch from physical presence to the virtual workplace (remote workspace).
Remote work is a virtual workplace system, where employees literally attend to their assigned jobs and duty at any given time without having to physically appear in the office or workplace. This work system enables an employee to work away from the physical workplace, allowing him/ her to work from his or her convenience.
The remote job became a popular trend in the year 2020 within the walls of Africa due to the outbreak of the Covid 19 Pandemic, where the world experienced the largest lockdown in over a decade, this lasted for months, drawing the claws of death on the economy. To continue on the ladder of productivity, most companies, employers, and institutions resorted to remote workspace, thereby tailoring their working scheme to fit into the remote system, creating a system that allows their employees to work even from their home due to the government lockdown/sit-at-home laws.
Having switched to remote workspace, many companies were able to sustain their company’s financial and social stand. It was discovered that most of the companies that ran on remote working schemes scooped more profit during the lockdown, they were available when others were locked down, this gave them the lead. The remote work became a calvary to the employers and their institutions.
Effect of remote Work on Employees productivity
1. Undisrupted Work-time: With working at convenience, most employees have all the workspace to themselves, no walk-in customer disruption, they tend to meet up with the time frame they set, because it is just them and the assigned job.
2. Focus: Working within a convenient workspace, an employee has a better focus on the designated function. What steals focus is multiple target and diversion, but remote job gives one a narrowed channel work environment, which breeds focus.
3. Speedy output: An undisrupted time + Focus = Speedy Output. When an employee is focused, within an enclosed time, he/she tends to give out results within a short period of time, because there are little things taking his or her time, unlike in the office.
4. Accuracy: The employee has all the space, time, and peace needed to produce the best while working from home, on these conditions there tends to be accurate results.
5. Efficiency: Results from remote workspace tends to be more efficient because a convenient working space and a worker at peace tends to produce efficient result over time, with no stress, no queue no rush.
Remote work has proven to be a better way to get the best out of employees, rather than keep them stuck on an office seat, allowing them to create their own convenient environment and on their own make the best out of it.