A simple step on how to prepare Miyan taushe traditional hausa soup
Miyan taushe, is a very common soup in the northern part of Nigeria. Miyan taushe is a delicious and simple soup to make. Below are the ingredients and method of preparation.
3. Smoked and dry fish
4. Sorrel leaves.
7. Fresh pepper
8. Scotch bonnet
9. Red bell pepper
15. Cray fish
16. Palm oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Remove the pumpkin seed, peel the skin, rinse to remove dirt or sand, then chop.
- Pluck the sorrel leaves, rinse to remove dirt or sand, and chop.
- Pluck spinach, rinse to remove dirt or sand, and chop.
- Soak the dry fish in hot water, till it is soft, then remove the bones. Then rinse.
- Blend the red bell pepper, scotch bonnet, onion, and tomato. Add a bit of water to the mixture/paste.
- ( this procedure is for raw groundnut) Dry roast the raw groundnut, peel the skin, and blend it into a form that's not completely smooth.
- In a clean pot, add your washed meat and smoked fish, add onions, seasoning, salt, and water, boil on medium heat for 15mins. Add pumpkin and more water, cook for 30mins.
- Heat the vegetable oil, add the blended mixture of pepper, tomato, and onion. Cook for 10 mins.
- Add cooked meat and fish to the fried mixture, proceed to add the groundnut paste, locust, crayfish, and cook for 10mins.
- Finally, add the sorrel leaves and spinach and allow to cook for 3 mins. Your delicious miyan taushe is ready!!!!
Serve with any meal of your choice.