Visceral fat is the fat that surrounds the abdominal organs in your body. This is a common sight in people that are overweight or a bit overweight. In some cases, you could have a flat tummy and still have quite a proportion of visceral fat, it is referred to as TOFI; thin outside fat inside.
You can't always feel visceral fat but it is easily seen. Visceral fat is dangerous since it makes one more vulnerable to certain medical conditions. Researchers are of the assumption that visceral fat enables the production of certain proteins that inflame body organs or tissues, thus narrowing blood vessels. This narrowing of blood vessels causes or exerts a force on the blood pressure, causing it to rise and decrease more than often. Visceral fat causes back pains and most times, causes pain in the gut.
Visceral fat is also known as active fat and belly fat. Visceral fat is also close to other important organs other than the abdomen. They are the liver, pancreas, liver, and intestine.
Imaging scans e.g computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), are the most accurate way to determine the level of visceral fat present in the body. Although, it is expensive and very time-consuming. The following are health risks or medical conditions people that have visceral fat are susceptible to;
1. Heart attack.
2. Heart disease.
3. Type 2 diabetes.
4. Increased insulin resistance.
5. Increased blood pressure.
6. Alzheimer's disease.
7. Breast cancer.
9. Colorectal cancer.
Below are some of the methods to eradicate visceral fat;
* Try to get enough or adequate sleep.
* Regular exercise, some of the exercises to try include; running, cycling, aerobics, squats, etc.
* Stress is one of the major causes of visceral fat, therefore one is advised to reduce stress and engage in more relaxing activities.
* A healthy diet is a sure way to eradicate visceral fat, make your diet has every bit of the following; lean protein, fruits, vegetable, complex carbohydrate, etc.
* Reduce alcohol consumption.